Monday, March 15, 2010

New painting

I started a series of roosters in acrylic paint. These pieces are 24 x 24" and going very well. I felt so relieved to be working with paint that dries quickly. I am able to lay on a color and a mark then restate it immediately if I want. There are still some technical issues I would like to resolve with the paint; i.e. it seemingly flattens when it dries. But I am well on my way to figuring that out with some new mediums and natural bristle brushes. I apologize, the color in the photo posted above is a little off. I will repost photos in a couple of weeks when the series is finished.
Natura closed last Friday. We were sad to take it down, but the feedback we got was overwhelmingly positive. Thanks to everyone who attended and offered encouragement.

No comments: