Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Concluded

So perhaps this isn't as much a departure as I felt it was yesterday. The botanical images are painted from direct observation which I haven't done in quite a while. But I am able to create a more dynamic image if I work from an actual object in front of me in the studio. When I sat down to work today the delicate maple leaves had curled and dried out changing shape. I didn't think to anticipate that change yesterday. But I suppose I am satisfied with the first impression of them I was able to make. After finishing this piece, I think I will continue to paint in oils for a time.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am intrigued by the circular objects and their towering reflection. Amazing way to show both a top-down perspective and the side view at the same time! So much going on here...I could stare at this image all day!