Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Updates



Here are some updates of paintings I am working on in the studio. (It's not all ink and paper...) I don't know what is going on with the top panel. I think the background color I chose is causing this piece to edge into very a fluffy, candy-coated, pallette. I am not sure what I think about that other than "go with it".
The second image is from the panel with the warbler and the oak leaves. I know it's not much different than the previous post, but I have begun to refine the detail in the bird and introduce some of the markings on the plumage. I had to include a shot. I am just so in love with the image.

2 comments:

littlemithi said...

Birdies ... I like them :)

Whats the pink print like patters on the top piece? Actual prints, or hand-painted to look like prints?

Claudine said...

I'm sort of going doilie crazy, if you hadn't noticed. And I can use them like a stencil and work the oil paint in all the nooks and crannies. It gives a great graphis quality to the image.