Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Too many posts

I know, I know...Get a job, right? Well, some days it's hard to focus on stuff like that. I decided instead to turn my energies to the studio since reviewing job postings is making me feel inadequate today. I am interested in showing my work locally, and the idea is to get some stuff up at a certain coffee shop. (no, not that one.) They seem to do a pretty swift business selling art, so I saw it as an opportunity to put my clandestine polaroid project to a good use. I have been snapping the darn things off and on for 6 years and have really come up with some surprisingly great results. I posted just a few of them under a "polaroids" link to the right.


Here is a teaser to get you interested.


3 comments:

Mindy Bray said...

I apologize in advance for the note I just sent asking where you are working. Obviously, the answer here is in the studio, with some good results. I love these polaroids!! I also remember some perhaps manipulated slides you showed me taken in ... was it guatemala? Central America in any case. Very cool also.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE these polaroids! Would they all be for sale??
B-

Claudine said...

They would all be for sale. And that was part of the decision to try and show this work. While I was reading at the shop, I saw someone purchase a painting off the wall. I know my prices would have to be very low in order to move work there. So I thought of the polaroids. I could easily sell them for a modest amount and perhaps generate some interest. On the other hand, this is sort of a pet project of mine and the really good polaroids have become more dear to me than many of my paitings. So I will have to be careful about what I let go.