Thursday, June 26, 2008

Botanical II 22" x 30"


Here is a second ink drawing. I am hoping they develop into a series. So far I think there is enough to the process and the resulting compostions to continue exploring. I am building up these botanical spaces by combining the practice of drawing from photograph and from direct observation. Currently I am focusing on exploring the ink and my ability to expand the vocabulary of marks I am making. How can I effect the drawing through the contolled application of water, or masking, by slowly developing wash layers, or directly drawing on the paper using a nib, ink and concentrating on texture. These are very exciting for me right now.

1 comment:

littlemithi said...

Love the maple seeds Claudine ... and am excited by all this inky goodness :)

And alphabet cards????!!!!