Thursday, May 01, 2008

New Painting


I just happened to start working on this last Friday or perhaps it was Monday. Some of you may still be able to discern a ghost image through the middle of the composition that looks suspiciously like a tree branch. Yes, the cardinal painting bought the farm. But such is life - in the studio anyway. I don't know where this is going save that it is relaxing as opposed to the arduous "filling in" I am engaged with on the mockingbird piece. I am simply creating a collection of botanical imagery with this piece. And I am hoping that certain ideas concerning my other piece will continue to percolate - namely redefining the word "finished". I am looking to wrap up the mockingbird piece and thinking it may have more to do with ceasing to work on it rather than resolving it. Funny how it works.

2 comments:

littlemithi said...

I really like the shadow of the branch at the back. It really adds depth to the piece... hope you don't completely paint it out ...

Anonymous said...

I love love the ghostly tree branch...it lends a somewhat otherworldly quality to this piece. The blue is fabou, and the birds seem to be dancing. Good direction, methinks.