Friday, June 08, 2007

Almost Finished

I think this photo is a little out of focus, but I guess now you know how lazy I can be...
I added a bird to the painting, and I was struggling with the composition. Was it complete? Did I like the movement in it? Was it too "composed"? But I just stopped worrying. I'm going to live with it. I also developed the table the pepper is resting on. It is sitting on a white cloth, and I began articulating the folds. I am not sure I like this change a lot. There was something nice and clean about the previous flat white surface the pepper rested on. But again, I am going to go with it. I feel compelled to do so.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

See, I check in even when I get home late from work! The pepper looks so real I can hear the crunch!
B-

Anonymous said...

Me think the blank space in the lower left works in the painting. Check out the painter Isaak Levitan if you haven't heard of him. Just an interesting Russian Diane ran across

Cookie Monsta

Unknown said...

I love this! The little sparrow looks as those he's flown in to have lunch with his friend. Wonderful detail and use of color!