Thursday, March 29, 2007

Finished artichokes 10" x 11"

I may do a few touch ups on this piece. The artichokes have long ago rotted away, so I am forced to be done with the drawing of them. In my mind the background of this piece was dark so I filled in a square area around the artichokes to get a sense of how it would look, and then decided that I may crop the image into the square format pictured above. The graphite on panel was an interesting experiment, but I am not sure it's the right medium for me. It is very irreversible like watercolor. Once something is layed down on the wood it is hard to remove it even with sandpaper. In the past I have drawn with India ink and acrylic paint which allows me to completely alter the work, and I feel much more comfortable working in that way. Perhaps I will try it again, but I am not sure.
I have made a few new sketches this week and will be adding them to my sketchbook link soon.

No comments: