Saturday, July 22, 2006

Bowls and Limes 5" x 10"



This week it was limes in little glass bowls. I found some stunning artwork on the web http://www.twinhouse.com/artists.php4 . Check out Neil Hollingsworth and Karen Hollingsworth. The kind of heart achingly beautiful stuff you only wish you could paint. I think I was most struck by the austerity of their color pallete - very stark, neutral, almost white. So that is where this began. I snapped a photo of limes out on our kitchen counter. But somehow, and it's always been this way with me, when I sat down to paint the painting or more correctly the palette took over. In the end I stopped out of frustration, but as with any painting I work on, I have an affection for it, although it's most certainly going to need some time to grow on me.

No comments: